Friday 1 March 2019

I left my bike securely locked to the bike racks outside my university 'Camberwell College of Art' last night at around 9pm, this morning it was missing. Instant reaction was that someone had broken my lock and taken the bike. On closer inspection i realised that the rack that my bike had been locked to had been ripped out of the ground, there-for there was not a fault in the way my bike was locked to the rack, or on the bike lock itself. after testing the security of the surrounding bike racks i have realised that almost all of them shake in the ground and with a bit of force can be easily removed. As I had only just purchased the bike the other week I had not been able to properly insure it, under normal circumstances I would see the situation as just a bit of hard luck, but as the theft is of no fault of my own, but of the poorly fitted bike rack (which is currently lying on the ground where my bike was stolen from) I feel the situation needs to be taken further. i have got in contact with the police and they have given me a crime number 'CHS 2215 19/04/12'. Please contact me either by email danieljaemo@hotmail.com or by telephone 07707563478